Sunday, February 19, 2012

TWEEN SENSATION COMING TO SAN JOSE


Big Time Rush just might be the antidote for Bieber Fever. The boy band that started life on its Nickelodeon series by the same name is on the road in support of its second album, "Elevate," playing sold-out shows to howling tweens. The immaculately groomed quartet - James Maslow, Kendall Schmidt, Carlos Pena Jr. and Logan Henderson - arrives at the San Jose State University Event Center tonight. If you miss the concert, catch the Beatles-inspired "Big Time Movie" on the network on March 10. We spoke with Maslow during rehearsals in Los Angeles.
Q: How much of the television show is based on what happens in your real life?
A: We definitely play characters on the show. Sometimes things are written based on something that happens in real life, but the guys on the show are way more ridiculous, more over the top. We're not nearly as energetic.
Q: What were you watching on Nickelodeon that made you want to audition to be on the network?
A: I watched so many Nick shows growing up. I grew up watching things like "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" and "CatDog." Even before I was on the network, I thought they made such great shows. Every once in a while I have to remind myself I used to watch people like me.
Q: Later this month, you're touring with a new British boy band called One Direction. How much trouble do you think you guys will get up to on the road?
A: They're great kids. But you get a lot of guys together I'm sure something crazy is going to happen. It's going to be nine guys. There's going to be a lot of dudes onstage.
Q: What's on your iPod that people wouldn't expect to find on a boy band member's iPod?
A: Recently, Foster the People. We've been listening to them a lot. I know everyone likes her, but I'm super excited about Adele. I like Jack Johnson. Between the four of us, we probably have every song under the sun on our iPods.
Q: I find it hard to believe you guys actually have time to listen to music since most of your time is obviously spent on photo shoots. At last count, I found about 1,872 online.
A: I don't know if I could even count how many we've done. You know, we try to keep it fresh. How we look today is way different than we were four years ago. It's not my favorite thing, doing photos, but we try to keep things up to date.
Q: Snoop Dogg was a guest star on your show. Was he on his best behavior?
A: He was exactly how you would picture him to be. He's the coolest guy on earth. He's the only person who gets that title. {sbox}

Source: sfgate.com

No comments:

Post a Comment