Sunday, March 11, 2012

What are you guys up to?
Logan: It’s a beautiful day in New York City. We had the premiere last night and we’re performing at Radio City tonight.
Kendall: The premiere went great. We had quite a big crowd, and a lot of our friends came. One Direction was there, so we got their stamp of approval.
Are you pretty good friends with One Direction?
Kendall: Very much! They’re on tour with us, so we’re friends.
Any chance of a collaboration between the two bands?
Kendall: If we find time, but both bands are so busy right now. At some point there will definitely be a 1D-BTR collaboration.
What can we expect from Big Time Movie?
Logan: It’s James Bond meets Austin Powers. Classic James Bond, but with some funny twists.
Kendall: I saw it for the first time last night. I didn’t know what to expect, but it really is funny. There’s not as many goofy moments as the TV show. It’s way less cartoony.
You cover The Beatles a lot in the movie. What are your all-time favorite Beatles songs?
Logan: There’s a young generation who doesn’t even know about The Beatles, so we wanted to pay tribute to that. There are so many favorites, but I really like “Honey Pie,” because it’s sort of attached to an ex-girlfriend. “Hey Jude” is a good one, too.
Kendall: I really like “Blackbird.” Later in their career, the Beatles started going towards an interesting style of music. You can’t go wrong with their more adult stuff.
Other than The Beatles, who are your favorite musicians?
Kendall: I’m into Incubus. Growing up, I was a huge Taking Back Sunday fan. I’m still a fan, but I don’t listen as much as I used to. When I was 13 or 14, I started getting into emo-pop-rock, so that influenced me. I also love Drake… I have a pretty diverse collection.
Logan: I was raised on Red Hot Chili Peppers. I also love classic rock, like The Clash and The Ramones. I love pop music, especially Prince. I’ve been listening to Rihanna’s new album, and of course Drake, too.
You pretty much became viral sensations with the “Call Me Maybe” cover video. How did that come about?
Logan: Justin [Bieber] had just signed Carly Rae Jepsen, and Carlos had an idea for every to come together and filmed us doing some goofy stuff. We actually shot it in three different locations: LA, London, and Germany.
What’s next for you guys? 
Logan: The Big Time Summer tour, which we’re all very excited about. We’re going to go all over the world, and it starts July 5th in Columbus, Ohio. As soon as we finish the tour we’re on now, we’re going to start filming season three. Hopefully we can fit in a vacation at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment