Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Cleveland Scene interviews Carlos


Big Time Rush found their first foothold in Hollywood through Nickelodeon’s show of the same name, which debuted in 2009. The show is a fictitious comedy about the boy band’s rise to stardom and takes humorous stabs at the music industry along the way. This summer’s tour, which brings the band to Blossom at 8 p.m. Wednesday, August 1, will focus on last year’s Elevate. Expect to hear such popular songs as “Love Me Love Me” and “Music Sounds Better With You.” Band members had more say over the album’s musical direction, something singer Carlos Pena discusses in this recent interview. Tickets to the concert are $29.50-$79.25.

Where did you first find your start in the Hollywood industry?
Well, I started doing choir back when I was little and I got into musical theater where I could sing and act. I went from there right into commercials. I thought, “This TV thing is kind of cool.” I got really into it and I tried to pursue it for a long time.
How are you with your other band members?
You know? Nobody hates each other yet.


How did you all meet?
We all auditioned together. We all came together and everything worked out.
How do you think your show has brought your band popularity? Has it been a good thing?
Yeah, it is a Nickelodeon TV show. It has been hard for an older audience to take it seriously, but it’s been a great platform. We wouldn’t be where we are today without it. It’s a blessing and a curse.
Do your characters on the show reflect your actual personalities?
They are similar. I wouldn’t say they are exactly like our personalities, but they are definitely similar. I’m not as crazy in real life and Logan [Henderson’s] more of the daredevil. It’s all in good fun.
How is your new album Elevate selling?
Personally, I don’t think it’s gotten the full attention that we wanted. But it’s all in time. We’re just now starting to develop into the music world as artists. Our new single, “Windows Down,” has just been released and with a video and I think people are finally taking us seriously as radio and music artists.
What is your favorite style of music?
I’m a huge Broadway guy. You can put any kind of musical theater in front of me. The boys never drive with me. They say, “All you do is listen to Broadway!” and I say, “Yeah? So what?”
How are your fans?
Amazing. Love ’em, love ’em.
If you weren’t singing and acting, what other path in life would you have taken?
I’ve always wanted to be a marine biologist. Which is kind of weird but I always thought it would be so cool to train Shamu and do things like that. It’s a little weird, but that’s me.
How does it feel to perform live on tour?
It’s crazy, but I’m so thankful for it. It’s a brand new place every single time and that makes it even better.
Source: clevescene.com

No comments:

Post a Comment