Monday, September 10, 2012

Big Time Summer Tour Concert Review from a Kid’s Perspective



Today was officially the best day ever! My afternoon started at 2 p.m. when my dad and I rushed over to a meet-and-greet with Cody Simpson, and his sister, Ali, at the White Oaks Mall. In order to get a VIP wristband, I sweet-talked my dad into buying me a pair of Pastry Shoes (Ali models for that company).

I got in line and when it was my turn I felt like an idiot because I was so excited, I started to hyperventilate. It was so bad that Cody grabbed my hand and asked if I was okay. It just made me even worse. Ali also commented on my crazed fan behavior.

We stopped by London Community News to pick up my notebook for my interview at the JLC with Big Time Rush. I was still really emotional from meeting Cody. Tracey Duguay, the editor, tried to help calm me down. She said, “Just remember, they are regular people.”

I rushed to the interview of a lifetime with Big Time Rush. I sat through the VIP session with about 100 or so people. The guys were really fun and down to earth. They each even took turns singing answers to the questions at the end. After the group Q&A, everyone went to the lobby for pictures. I was last in line.
As I approached the guys for the interview, we exchanged hugs and laughs. The guys were all so cool and really helped me relax.

You have a busy few days touring in Canada. Do you have any free time to enjoy sites? So far they had a bit of time off in Montreal but everything was closed for Labour Day. They have Thursday off in Ottawa.

You spend a lot of time together, how do you get along without arguing? They all admitted they do argue just like brothers do.

How has it been touring with Cody Simpson? They all agreed it was great to tour with Cody Simpson. He was fun to be around and they liked his accent.

Who is the biggest ladies man in the group? They all pointed at themselves, then they all laughed.

They were all so easy to talk to talk to and made me feel at ease. It was a little hard to keep track of who said exactly what. I guess that’s why they have journalism school to show you how to do this right.

The concert was amazing. Big Time Rush put on an excellent show. The sets were excellent. The show contained a lot of light and pyrotechnics. My friends and I rocked out through the show. Carlos noticed me as he did his walk through the audience. He said “Hi Ashley” and gave me another hug. The showed ended with streamers, confetti cannons and an encore.

I have to admit, I originally went to the concert mainly because I love Cody Simpson, but came out a huge Big Time Rush fan as well. Those guys were amazing! What an amazing day. Thank you Dad and the London Community News. This was a day I will never forget.

Source: LondonCommunityNews.com
Shared by: BigTimeRushTV.com

No comments:

Post a Comment