Saturday, July 13, 2013

Big Time Rush 24/7 | Ink Splot 26


Big Time Rush has a new album called 24/7, and a summer tour happening now. And, because I have the seriously most awesome job in whole, wide world, I got to meet them when they came to Scholastic! You won’t even believe how nice they are. However nice you think they are, multiply by, like, a hundred, and that is their actual niceness factor. They all gave me hugs and called me “Darlin’” and told jokes. Pretty much a perfect day for me. Here is some of what they said, but, to be honest, I was kind of floating, so I might have missed some bits.



What is your favorite song to perform live?
Logan: “Windows Down” is a great one. That’s a show open for us. So that really kind of gets the party started for sure.
Kendall: We played some new ones in Orlando and it was our first time to see how the crowd was vibing to some of these new songs, and “Amazing” ended up working out really great. People were really into it.
Carlos: And “Confetti Falling” too.
James: “Confetti Falling” . . . the new acoustic songs we played . . . they knew all the words too, which I was kind of surprised about.
Logan: The title track “24/7″ is a lot of fun. The dance is always fun with that song.
Kendall: Very 80s and just free and having fun. I think we’ll really find out when we perform them 10 or 11 shows. After about 10 or 11 shows, we’ll know which ones are really the most fun to do. But “Windows Down” is consistently the most energetic. The pre-chorus where the beat changes and it goes into half time, is, like, I’m at my happiest because I love that kind of music. So if you look at me on stage, I probably look like an idiot. I probably have this really weird look on my face. [Laughter]

What have you learned from each other over these last few years?
Kendall: Well, I’ll just say how proud I am of our work ethic. I don’t know many people who have put in the sort of hours and dedication that all four of us have.
Logan: Patience and acceptance is huge. Learning how to work with other people, different personalities, and learning how to make the best possible product with different visions is a very cool thing I’ve learned.
James: Four different opinions.
Logan: And allowing those opinions to come into play because that’s when you take something good and you make it great.
James: We also have learned to really just have fun with everything we do. And that sounds silly because you’d think we very have fun jobs, but it can be very stressful. We’ve all just embraced the fact that we’re lucky. This is a great thing.
Logan: Not taking ourselves too seriously.
James: Yeah. You know, we have a comedy TV show, and we put out positive music and it’s nothing to be stressed over. We don’t sleep as many hours as we probably should, but at the end of the day, it helps to have the four of us, because when you’re stressed out, you have three other guys to tell you not to worry about it and to make you laugh. We have the support of each other.
Carlos: We’ve had to learn how to appreciate the things that we have. And, you know, it’s tough. We started this project and there were no boy bands, and now it’s like boy band mania. At first it was a little overwhelming. Like, “Whoa, wait a minute. We were here first. What’s going on?” But we’ve really learned to just appreciate the things that we do have, you know, and that we are working.
James: And appreciate our fans for keeping us going.

What is the most embarrassing thing that’s happened to you recently?
Carlos: Our lives. [Laughter]
Kendall: The interview before this one.
Logan: Yeah. The interview before this one was embarrassing. We were playing with toys. It was funny.
Carlos: Yep. Like children.
Kendall: I got an embarrassing moment for James. James embarrassed the heck out of me when we got our Kids’ Choice Award, when we actually won two years ago and when we walked up on stage. And of course every time we do something, something bad happens. Like for instance, last year it was announcing Katy Perry for her Kids’ Choice Award. All we have to do is say, “Hey, Katy Perry, you won. Come on up.” And sure enough, she walks up and the stage collapsed or, like, a barricade collapsed over. And I’m like, “Of course.” But two years ago, we won the award and the slime was really slippery.
James: It’s like this surface with slime on it, and I’m wearing boots.
Kendall: And it’s impossible to walk on. And we win the award and we’re like, “Yes!” and we start walking up the stairs. James is like [makes stepping noise and then a thump] and straight down and slipped, and we grabbed him real quick and picked him up. That was embarrassing.
Logan: I played pool with Chris Kirkpatrick [from The Backstreet Boys] a couple of days ago. That was embarrassing for me. I’m a terrible pool player. And I’m pretty sure he was like, “Bye Bye Bye.” [Laughter]
Kendall: You know what’s embarrassing? Me being dressed in a figure skating outfit for our TV show. That was a little embarrassing.
Carlos: For all of us. [Laughter]

1 comment:

  1. hi big time rush can you call gogle meet i need the code

    ReplyDelete