Friday, December 6, 2013

Kendall's Interview with Jay Swag



I recently had the chance to speak with Big Time Rush's Kendall Schmidt! We talked about everything from his experience with BTR, working on his new venture Heffron Drive, and what fans can expect within the next few months. Be sure to follow Kendall on Twitter @HeffronDrive. Check out the interview below.



Hey Kendall! Thanks for speaking with me today. Can you tell me a little bit about yourself, and how you got started in music?  
"Music has always been a big part of my life.  I used to sing all the time as a kid.  When I was about 13 or 14 I started playing violin, but it didn’t really fit my rock-ish disposition.  So I eventually picked up the guitar when I was 16 and I haven’t looked back since.  Music is my life and I love it."

Tell me a little bit about Big Time Rush? What was it like getting into that? How has the experience been?  
"Being on Big Time Rush has been amazing.  I had done a number of shows before BTR, but it definitely has been my biggest project to date.  Playing Kendall Knight has been an immensely rewarding experience.  I’m so grateful to be able to learn about the industry, work with amazing people, and perform for millions of incredible fans worldwide.  The opportunity was a once-in-a-lifetime chance and I’ve gone for it and will continue to do my best to do improve myself and use this opportunity to better the world."

You’re currently on Tour with your band Heffron Drive. How has touring been? What is the biggest difference between touring with BTR, from HD?
 "I can’t tell you how exciting it’s been to finally play a little Heffron Drive.  I’m stoked that the fans are clicking with Heffron Drive.  I have maximal creativity with Heffron Drive so the music really reflects who I am."

Fav Five:
Favorite food?  
"Chips and homemade salsa or pizza"
Favorite color? 
"Blue"
Favorite song at the moment?  
"Avicii 'Wake Me Up'"
Favorite artist(s) of all time?  
"Taking Back Sunday"
Favorite childhood TV Show 
"Rugrats or Rocko’s Modern Life"

Fan Questions:
@Shervthedhillon would like to know if there is a chance for a world tour involve HD or BTR anytime soon? 
"I would love to do a world tour with Heffron Drive and I’m working on making it happen, but it’s going to take some time.  We’re going on a South American tour with BTR next year, but hopefully we can do a world tour.  I’d like to put out some new music before we do that though."

@KendallGotMe wants to know what you’re most likely to be doing on your break time? 
"Break time… what’s that?  Just playing.  =P  I do a number of things, but mostly I relax, maybe cook, hang out with family and friends, and just decompress."

@Dedicated2BTR wants to know; Cake or ice cream?  
"Ice cream cake actually."

@HenderSchmidtxo asks, how old were you when you wrote your first song?  
"I think I was 16 or 17."

@AmeezyRush says; “What’s a secret about yourself that Rushers might not know?”  
"I was home schooled throughout high school."
@Krtn_apriyanti wants to know if we can expect a Heffron Drive album?  
Definitely expect one, but I don’t know when I can release one.  Believe me, as soon as I can, I will let you know because I will be as excited as you for its release.

It was great to speak with Kendall and I want to thank him for taking the time to do the interview. I hope you all enjoyed it!
-Jay P-

Source: jayswag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment